Thursday, February 13, 2014

How it Works

I never follow a recipe. I use recipes, but I never follow them, If something calls for one thing and I use another and it makes it super yummy, then that's how it works. Arecipe is a tool to jump off of. There are no Kitchen Police. If A works, the B should work too. As simple as substituting an ingredient with one that you like better or with one that you have on hand. It's kind of like proving a Math theory but with food. If A works then B works. Take a recipe you know by heart and are a little board with and shake it up a little.
I am the first to make fun of TV cooks who are always "putting a twist on a classic" because it's been done to death.I am talking about "doing what you want" cause no one is going to tell on you. Do what you want in the kitchen.
Recomended reading-
http://crowthersusan.wix.com/norecipecookbook
If you are afraid to dabble, this book will give you the basics, and the pictures are super pretty, cause I totally took them.

No comments:

Post a Comment